Q. What is participatory approach in conducting training programmes ?
In participatory approach, every participant is actively involved in all activites of the programme. Unlike the trainer-centred training, participatory approach is essentially participant-centred and the participating trainees practically shape every aspect of transaction in the programme like, leading discussion, group or individual activities, drawing conclusions and overall management of the programme.
The participatory approach has distinct advantage over the traditional trainer-centred approach because,
Q. How the training programmes are planned and conducted under DPEP/SSA ?
- It is interactive, i.e. based on needs and experiences of participants
- It provides abundant scope for sharing valuable experiences and help in enriching and expanding experiences of participants.
- It is contextual and hence more relevant for participants as it is need-based and is intended to enable participants to come out with various strategies for solving the immediate problems faced by them.
- The views and experience of each trainee is respected.
- The training modalities are chalked out in consultation with participants.
The planning and conduct of different training programmes are carried out by following procedures.
- Need of the target groups assessed
- Desired inputs decided basing on the need fulfilment analysis done by the State Resource Group.
- Modules for the General Round training programmes prepared and tried out by the SRG for the State and DRG for the district.
- Resource Groups constituted at district (DRG) and block(BRG) Levels trained who in turn train the teachers or the targeted participants following cascade approach.
- Teleconference done to over come transmission loss.
- The funds for the training programmes at the state level provided by the State Project Office and the same for the district and sub-district level provided by the respective District Project Office as per the approved unit cost.
The training programmes are extremely need based and the flexibility of DPEP enables the resource groups even at the block and cluster levels to plan and conduct short term training programmes to meet the immediate requirement of teachers.